Since park tables can vary from 6″ to 10′ it’s tough to find a pre-made cloth.
I designed this style and made one each in our Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter colors. Using Sunbrella, you can just wipe off stains easily. Any stubborn stain will almost always come off with a little soap and water. I haven’t had to machine wash mine since I made them and they still look (and smell) brand new.
- 120″ of Sunbrella or water resistant fabric (54-60″ wide)
- 4 ea 40″ pieces of thin nylon rope–knotted on all ends so it won’t unravel
It’s pretty simple.
- Press under a quarter inch of fabric all the way around.
- Turn over that pressed edge once again and stitch all the way around your big rectangle.
- Mark 4 corner spots (for the ropes) that are 16″ up from the narrow seamed edge and 11″ over from the wide seamed sides
- Sew one each of the 40″ long ropes onto the corner spots you marked above. Use zig zag or whatever stitch you know will hold the rope over many, many uses and wind.
There you have it. On the big tables take advantage of the entire length and just tie it around the legs under the table. You’ll have ample length to wrap the cords and bring them together for a big (easy to remove) bow-tie. On a shorter picnic table, just fold equal amounts of the draping fabric under the fabric on the table, and tie from there.
Note: In the picture, I have overlaid a runner. Not necessary, but it’s a fun way to add holiday cheer if you happen to be out on a holiday.
©2015,2016 zenandtheartoflittlehousetravelling.com. All rights reserved